Labels

clients (1) nail designs (2) nails (2) school (2) self-fill (1)

Friday, August 6, 2010

Nail Funk Finally Over!

So for the last 2 - 3 weeks my nails have been plain...not by choice, but I just haven't been inspired by anything to do my nails.  Well after starting this blog yesterday, I found more motivation!  Yayyyyyy!!! 

Today, I woke up and tried to do a new design that I'd seen on another blog, but was stopped in my tracks.  I was stopped in my tracks when the polish I wanted to use (China Glaze: Turned Up Turquoise [Neon]) didn't want to work with me...I mean I opened the bottle and it was so thick it reminded me on molasses!
Luckily, I had some polish thinner and attempted to correct the situation and tried the design on fingernails molds first.  This is my attempt...
Blue and Teal with a heart and some shimmer

Now, I know it isn't horrible, but in person the finger on the right still wasn't what I had expected.  Anyway, I scraped that idea and decided to revisit a design that I had done before using my college colors.  Below is the original design
Blue and Yellow slant original
Remix of the original using the following:
  • Sally Hansen: Mint Sprint Insta-Dri
  • NK Nail Enamel:  Amarillo
  • Milani Nail Art:  Black
  • Kiss Brush-On Nail Art:  White
  • Kiss Brush-On Nail Art:  Silver Glitter
  • Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen:  Black and White
  • Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
And here is the "ficky ficky remix" (I always wanted to be a DJ...lol)
Mint sprint and Amarillo slant design
I'm so glad to be out of a nail design funk! Now its lunch time and my leftover Chipotle is calling my name, so I'm gonna take a line from Chris Brown and say "Deuces"!

2 comments:

  1. you did a fabulous job! love the blog so far. only comment about it is the text is a bit hard to read- the white on pale purple. can't wait for more nail designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty, you did a great job!!

    feel free to check out my blog:
    www.THATGOODGOODBLOG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete